Do you need to upgrade the brakes on your bicycle? If you are, we know how bewildering it is to find the correct brand. The good news is we have the right one available here. If you want to feel a difference in power, you may find our Dura Ace 9000 brakes review ideal to upgrade your bikes brakes.
The Dura Ace 9000 road brake caliper has been around for a while and remains one of the best Shimano has to offer. Compare to the Dura Ace 7900, the new design is a bit bulkier and still has the same dual-pivot design. Therefore, if you want to brake like the winds stay a while and find out if this brake system is made for your bike.
Review of the Dura Ace BR-9000 Brakes
Do you cycle long distances every day? Are you confident that your brakes will work when needed? If not it is time for an upgrade. According, to Shimano their Dura-Ace brakes will deliver the stopping power to prevent a fall when you need to stop.
They have structured the 9000 caliper brakes with a balanced symmetrical dual pivot design. For reducing pivot friction, they have constructed it with a twin bearing. This design does not only reduce pivot friction but improves efficiency and gives you control over your bike. When used with the low-friction BC-9000 cables it makes the brakes smooth and gives you a light operation with outstanding cadence. You can buy the brakes with a conventional mount or a direct mount (BR-9010) for aero road bikes. The brake color is black/silver and gives you more power than the BR-7900 model.
- The BR-9000 has a new dual-pivot design and the mounting bolt is no longer part of the pivots
- The brake positioned symmetrically over the wheel to give you an equal cable pull
- As the mounting bolt is now separated from the body the brakes do not wobble when you pull the lever
- The brake arms work with a rolling came and pull independently
- To reduce pivot friction the arm has twin bearings
- For a powerful braking performance the new bake pad design positions them closer to the rim
- Compatible with the Shimano Super SLR levers
- Available for the front and rear
- The brakes weight 297 g and mounts with a center bolt
- Designed with a Shimano/SRAM pad form
- Includes a three-year warranty
Customers are pleased with the Dura-Ace calipers and found the braking power excellent. The great thing is according to them it solves the breaking issues they have with their bike.
Pros and Cons Related to the Dura Ace 9000 Brakes
- Excellent braking power
- Outstanding upgrade compared to previous models
- None noted
What is the dimension of the brakes?
The Ultegra 9000 brakes and the latest 6800 brakes are between 39mm to 49mm. The great thing is they work well with 700×28 tires without any problem.
Do you receive the cables and housing included with your purchase?
No, the cables and housings supplied with the brake levers and best to use it with the latest BC-9000 cables. However, the 9000 shifters are superb as it has a 1.4 pull ratio.
Will the brakes fit a Fuji Sportif 1.3 2013 year model?
You can fit up to 28mm tires with these brakes so it should not be a problem.
Is the price for a pair or one?
You can choose to buy it in a pair or as one and there are different size options available. If you choose a brake set, it is for the front and rear of the bike.
If you need an excellent braking system, the Dura Ace 9000 Calipers are perfect. Combined with the Dura Ace Groupset made up of the STI Dual Control Lever, Rear and Front Derailleur, Chainset, Bottom Bracket, Cassette CS, Chain, and Pedals you get outstanding 11-speed bike parts.